A beautiful Northern Rivers community hall used for weddings and events for 120 years. As a wedding venue the central location is in a quiet pocket of the Byron Bay Hinterland - halfway between Ballina and Lismore.
Pearces Creek Community Hall is centrally located in a beautiful tranquil country setting 20 minutes travel time from Lismore, Ballina and Bangalow.
$40/day classes (e.g. yoga, art)
$75/day weekend small event (inc. insurance)
$395 for 3 day wedding hire (inc. insurance)
$495 for 5 day wedding hire (inc. insurance)
Tables and benches for hire $20 each
Events require $300 bond which is fully refundable subject to damages
In 1897, Mr Hugh Kirkland donated the land to the community and the occasion was marked with a picnic on March 5th. In the early days, the hall was used to assist those travelling by horse and cart through the countryside at night. The hall would provide shelter for the travellers and the nearby creek would provide a rest area for livestock. Community gatherings were often held on Sundays. The original building cost 52.10 pounds and was 30x18 foot. On 3rd February 1926 the hall that stands today was opened by Mrs. Hugh Kirkland Senr. Timber, that was considered the best of its class, was used to build the Hall, and supplied by Messrs. West & Sharpe of Dunoon. The builder was Walter Gaggin and Mr. G Oliver, chairman of the hall committee, was responsible for planning. Mr. C Eggins of Pearces Creek Road supplied six large Aladdin lamps to light up the hall. On turning the key in 1926, Mrs. Kirkland Senr said she "hoped that the same united spirit and generous goodwill which had always prevailed for everything in Pearce's Creek would continue, and that the new hall would prove a blessing and help to the district." Afterwards an ample lunch was served under the Moreton Bay figs.